Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Best Resort for a Thanksgiving Trip?

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  snowvols 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a place on the west coast that is going to have the best snow and the most open runs/lifts for thanksgiving weekend - anything in CO would be ideal but most mtns there aren't looking very open.

#9 · (Edited)
This... I'm from new york. I understand that considering CO to be the west coast may be incorrect but I was also including states like California, Colorado was just where I thought I'd be going to this time of year.
Soo would that include Pennsylvania? :laugh:

However got some nice riding this weekend on the REAL West Coast and my legs are spent. :D

#7 ·
there are several resorts open in CO, but we have yet to get serious coverage, and as such, the mountains are opening terrain slowly, bit by manmade bit.

point being nowhere is epic yet. its only get out, get some turns in. if you want kickers, breck has 3, a-basin and keystone just have rails/jibs, not sure about loveland.

#14 ·
The Cottonwoods have had a little over a foot in the last 48 hours and it is still snowing. Another foot to come later this week (hopefully).

Snowbird is opening the Tram on Thursday and chickadee and mid gad on Wednesday. I would venture a guess that both resorts open a ton more terrain for the holiday weekend. They have had 71" so far this season.

#23 ·
The Cottonwoods have had a little over a foot in the last 48 hours and it is still snowing. Another foot to come later this week (hopefully).

Snowbird is opening the Tram on Thursday and chickadee and mid gad on Wednesday. I would venture a guess that both resorts open a ton more terrain for the holiday weekend. They have had 71" so far this season.
That looks like it's not gonna happen. You can't be sure of weather out here till the day before : (

#16 ·
If you're going to come to CO, I'd suggest Steamboat or Crested Butte. They've been getting the goods lately. Summit County has largely been getting skunked, so unless you want to ride crowded as fuck scraped off hardpack, I'd pass. You'd basically be coming across the country to ride east coast type conditions.

The PNW is about to get nuked. I'd go there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.