Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need advice from Utah natives
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
snowvols
Veteran Member

Super 8 is super close to where my house is. It is a pretty nice area. If you do get farther West is becomes a shit hole. It really depends on your budget on where you can stay at. The Sandy area will be right at the bottom of LCC, but it will put you farther from PC. There are several other hotels in the area around my house. There is a bus stop right by the hotel if you wanted to go that route. There is a motel 6 extended stay which looks fairly nice on the outside

This is where we get in another issue. If you rent a car you will have more options than if you take the bus. The normal road conditions aren't bad in January. There will most likely be salt on the road, but very little ice if any at all. You would be fine with a 2 wheel drive car until you went up the canyons. At times the shut BCC and LCC to 4 wheel or chains only, and if a storm is bad they will restrict Parleys down as well. Parleys Canyon is how you get to PC from SLC.

As far as Gorgoza park is concerned, I do not know if any other place has tubing. If you really wanted to stay closer to PC then you might want to look at renting a car and staying in the Millcreek or Sugarhouse area. Both are right off of I-80 and are closer to PC. You will have to drive up and down Parleys each way but it isn't too bad of a drive.

Also the terrain in PC will be slightly more mellow and by your username I would recommend more mellow terrain. They will still have steeps, but aren't as steep overall as the other cottonwood resorts. If you wanted to still hit the cottonwood places the hotels in those two areas are not too far at all from them.

If you have any other questions let me know. Hope this novel helps a little bit.
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote