Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot Pain
Thread: Foot Pain
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Default Get it checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
I'm back again before the season starts. Unfortunately, the foot pain hasn't gone away.... Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can do?
Hopefully it won't be as bad as what my foot pain turned out to be...I'm sitting here with a big boot on my foot, just got the cast off this morning. Turned out I had a separated tendon in my back foot, plus a chipped bone and cartilage damage. They cut the side of my foot open, peeled the skin back like a banana and reattached the tendon, then sanded down my ankle and drilled holes in it...somehow that's supposed to help rebuild cartilage, or something like it.

Bottom line; I'm out for the season. Today is the first day in two weeks that I've been out of bed. I still have another month on crutches, and another month after that with the boot. Then a couple of months of physical therapy.

I could have dealt with this last season when the pain started, but I just "worked through it." I just kept riding, then hoped resting up over the summer would help. It didn't, obviously. The pain just got worse. Now I'm fucked. I'll be sittin in the lodge getting drunk while my wife skis with our friends. My best hope is late Spring riding, maybe a trip to Mammoth.

The moral of the story should be pretty clear...if it hurts really bad, don't keep doing whatever you're doing!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 11-21-2011 at 06:30 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote