Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 4 Day trip to Utah suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
BULLETLYNN

Default 4 Day trip to Utah suggestions

My wife and I are looking at Utah for a 4 day Ski trip. This will be our second trip out west, last year my rents took us to Telluride which was amazing. But this year we are doing it with all our own money so we need to be on the cheap. My wife skis and I board, we usually stick to Greens and Blues but sometimes do a Black or two. We are from Ohio and only get out a couple times a year on some crappy hills in southern michigan.

After a ton of research here is what I've come up with. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Flying into SLC and getting to a lot of mountains is nice that is why we picked Utah.

First stop - Feb 1st Wed and Feb 2nd Thurs
Park City Mountain Resort - Looks like a good mix of what we are looking at. Also looked at the canyons but doesnt sound like the best place for boarders, a lot of flats? Also we thought it wouldnt be as crowded on a Wed and Thurs
Staying at Holiday Inn Express about 6 miles away. Any other suggestions?

Second Stop - Feb 3rd and Feb 4th
Powder Mountain - Not very many lifts but again the mountain really looks like we will have fun.
Staying at Holiday Inn in Ogden. About 13 miles away. Again any other suggestion on the cheap?

It is a bit of a drive between the two resorts but after a lot of searching I think I picked two great places for a short trip. Also since we will be driving alot, how are the roads out there if it really starts to dump? If you would recommened something different please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
BULLETLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote