Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 4 Day trip to Utah suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
WasatchMan
Veteran Member

Well being from Ohio, I think the resorts you picked might be best.

It doesn't seem like you are going after epic terrain and loads of snow.

Park City Mountain Resort is a real beginners/tourist/park rat mountain. It's target customers seem to be the weekend warrior/people who ski-snowboard a few times a year and just a place to get away from it all, shop/dine/walk around town kind of place.

Powder Mountain is a real local mom and pop type resort. Great on powder days, great terrain. "Backcountry" type feel to it.

The Canyons can be incredible. I definitely prefer it to PCMR. BUT, you definitely need to know where to go. If it's your first time I'd avoid it, unless you have a local guide. It is so massive you can end up getting stuck on the same couple of lifts because of the flats. It can be hard to transfer to lift to lift if you don't know you're way around. Beautiful resort, high class place similar to Park City. Again, very touristy.

But being from the mid-west/east coast. I believe you will have the most enjoyable time in Park City.

If you were a hardcore snowboarder, looking for Utah's famous epic powder/terrain/cliffs. I would recommend the following resorts in order of best to least best (there are no bad resorts out here )

1) Brighton (local snowboarders mtn./tons of snow)
2) Snowbird (Lots of snow/Very steep/rocky/can be crowded on weekends)
3) Powder Mountain
4) Solitude (Great terrain/no crowds)
5) Snowbasin
6) Canyons
7) PCMR

I always post this picture, I find it helpful
http://i.imgur.com/Tnx8w.jpg

Last edited by WasatchMan; 11-22-2011 at 12:19 AM.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote