Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lake Tahoe in February
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnew View Post
well i think i can snowboard pretty well. i think i'm hitting up on my 5th season now, but i feel that i'm not too big of a fan with the trees. more of a fan with the blue runs where you can just book it down and cruise. last season i started getting into the terrain park though so that'd be cool to check out too, so probably hit up northstar for a day or so...is it strictly park there? well...not strictly but is it noticeable that it's for that type of snowboarder? i'm sure there are some blue runs for those that don't wanna hit the park all day?
No, don't get me wrong...Northstar is almost all blues and loads of fun cruisers. One side of the mountain has some really fun, long blacks -- that's the best stuff there imo. They are not "all park," they have one of those Burton "Stash" set-ups, a section of the mountain with lots of natural and made-made jibs and rails and stuff, open only to snowboarders, Pretty cool if you're into that. I'm not big on park, though, prefer steeps and bowls, which is why I don't really like Northstar. When I say "trees," I don't mean glades. It's just like one of the mountains back home (VT). But it's def a nice resort. Resort being the operative word. If you like cruisers, you'll have no problem at Northstar. Squaw is interesting in that you start at mid-mountain to access the easier stuff. There is a pool and hot tub and nice restaurant, and all the green/blue trails. Also access to some sweet wide-open bowls. Squaw has no "trails." You take a blue lift, a diamond lift, etc, then find your own way down. It's really awesome. Check out their trail map online.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote