Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lake Tahoe in February
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #30 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

LACK of diverse terrain at Squaw?! You can't be serious! What did you do, just take the gondola up to High Camp and ride Main Street with the tourists all day? I've been to Squaw 6-8 times and still haven't ridden all of it. The fact that you thought Heavenly was better speaks volumes. What Heavenly has going for it is the view from the ridge, which is spectacular (and there is something cool about riding in two states in one run). I admit to having a couple proverbial "best days ever" at Heavenly, but they were because of perfect powder and great friends. Otherwise, it's an overcrowded maze...get separated from someone in your party, you likely won't see them again till the parking lot. And it's crazy to say Squaw sucked because it was icy. We've all hit mountains on bad days, that just means the weather sucked, not necessarily the mountain.

I maintain that SV is a must-visit for the Tahoe noob. Between the epic terrain and the history, it's an experience, not just a ski trip. Just don't spend your day riding the middle around High Camp.

Last edited by surfinsnow; 11-23-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Typos
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote