Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #118 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Geeeez, haven't spent one second in a terrain park yet and I'm in awe of the stupidity I'm reading about. Unfortunately the park is not like the rest of the mountain where you can avoid all the noobs getting in your way by going down a sketchy line that they won't attempt. I do notice that many of you are from the US, so I guess your issues are compounded likely because more people park ride down there than in the Canadian Rockies. More pow days generally means less time in the park - at least that's what a friend or two has mentioned.

Just bought a 2011 Machete and stoked to get into the terrain park this season and try not to look like such a noob, or at least stay the fack out of the way of the expert freestyle riders. Gonna attempt to hook up a mentorship with some sick riders because that's how you really progress. In less than one season I went from sitting on my ass on a green run to hitting up triple blacks that'll make the billy goats get vertigo :P All because I rode with a very good skier who forced me down double blacks like my third time out, haha.
I'm curious, do many of the resorts you guys go to have more than just one terrain park for example? My local hill, Castle Mountain is setup in such a way that it has three different terrain parks, obviously for different skill levels. Some do this, some don't. I think this is huge for beginner and expert freestyle riders. Noobs aren't getting in the way of the dudes hitting 50ft gaps and the experts aren't overrunning the stunts that the new guys are hitting up. Unfortunately Castle doesn't have a half pipe - just the steepest/longest fall line in Canada :P

P.s. Castle Mountain sucks... Don't go there!!!!! It's super windy and cold and the lifts were used back in Nam.

Last edited by Peaceryder; 11-24-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Peaceryder is offline   Reply With Quote