Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - convince me to go to colorado
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
SPAZ
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default convince me to go to colorado

alrighty, i've been looking at a few schools extensively lately and since my gpa is at a 3.3 (my schools honors programs tilts it, it should be somewhat higher) i'm trying to find some schools to apply to assuming i meet my goal of a 3.5 by the end of the year. still waiting on those psat results, though.

while i have another year of high school, i would prefer to have a more structured direction ahead of time so next year i can relax more and laugh at everyone flipping a shit about apps and the likes.

i had my heart set on the university of colorado at boulder, mostly because i like their architecture program (starting off as an environmental design student, getting my ba at boulder and getting my ma in denver). not to mention summit country is an hour drive and the school seems like an... exciting place (as i told the folks). but the 1900 mile journey is starting to become a realization. a really shitty one, in fact. unfortunately, i feel more tied to the northeast and while i want to get the fuck out of upstate ny i might want to stay closer than i initially wanted to.

northeastern university in boston is a stretch as far as getting accepted, but assuming i am they have a co-op program that would let me work full time for a semester each year. my friends cousin did that, and made 35k last year. thats my tuition and then some, so the temptation of having very few college loans left after i graduate is strong. but boulder would be pretty inexpensive after i become a state resident (1 year), around 18k after tuition, housing, and books.

i guess my third choice would be the university at buffalo. it's pretty cheep at the state price, and mpd's pics of the lake effect snow out there are pretty cool. but as i said, i want to leave ny. boston works because it's an hour from jiminy peak and i have some family there, so i wouldn't be totally alone.

so if anyone has anything that can convince me to go to boulder, i would appreciate it. thanks
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote