Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Dvr-Summit County Drive
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

I don't know if I would call it the best case scenario. Wildlife, snow, not seeing other shit on the road such as rocks, don't make it ideal, but the drive is easy. A major snow storm is the only reason I wouldn't want to make the drive from the airport. It's just over 90 minutes or so from the airport to Summit county. Less than two hours for sure. Then there is just the drive time to specific spots as mentioned above.

Sundays are a rough drive back to DIA if that is when you are leaving. Regardless of your flight time, I would leave no later than 1pm. Generally speaking if you leave by 1 you've got an easy drive to the airport. It still allows you to get a half day in. If your flight runs late, just go hang out in Denver. Plenty of stuff to do to go kill time. Plus, if you need any gear, you're in the snow sports number 1 selling market. Lot's of deals can be found on gear you might want to take home with ya.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote