Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sunshine mountain
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banff Shredder View Post
Ahh, never been to any of those ones, but i'll take your word for it.
Castle is a gem if you can handle the cold and windy conditions on slower lifts. They use SV's old lifts to get you up the mountain. The plus side though is that this discourages a lot of people from coming. For me, you're either waiting in a lift line for 10-15 mins (busy time) at most resorts or you are already on your way up the mountain after 5 minutes (MAX) most times at Castle. Not much difference when you think about it, you may even get more runs in because often when you go to Castle, especially during the week, you can head straight up the lift as you come down the mtn. I'm a bit bias, lol. Just have no patience for lift lines but if I'm sitting in a chair I can start visualizing my next run and be all chillax sitting down and resting up for the ride down.

Oh-yeah, and if that doesn't sway your stoked-ness, then think about the fact that Castle, even if it doesn't snow the night before gets wind sift all over the mtn overnight. So, always fresh pow, even if it doesn't snow. The snow gets blown from the backside of Castle to the resort side. Really sweet to know that even if it doesn't snow you're going to get some powder runs!

Fernie and Revvy just have wayyy too much pow :P

Last edited by Peaceryder; 11-28-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Peaceryder is offline   Reply With Quote