Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Taos Ski Valley - NM
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
ShredTaos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Taos Ski Valley - NM

Rode all weekend up here at my local mountain TSV. Ill give a very basic trip report and update this thread with conditions throughout the year, maybe with some pics. Either way here goes.

Went up on thanksgiving, I actually didn't know I was off work until the day before - so it was a great surprise. Got there in the morning, snow was good and not too hard. The backside is open already, which is a good sign for us. About 11:00 or so it started warming up and the runs got very carve-able. Was able to really wind out my new K2 Turbo Dream, and it handles amazingly. I really love that board so far. Either way the snow was gripping hard enough for some very hard carves (hard enough to boot out as I did once, size 11.5 boot on a wide board - so that gives you an idea of how hard i was able to bank.). Just spent all day enjoying the side hits on the way down and carving it up. Very enjoyable. I also rode sat/sun and similar reports from those days. Fri. night we actually got a few inches and it was very good on sat.

So far - great opening year for us southern rocky mtn. riders!

Come ride Taos!