Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nolefan2011

Trying not to hijack this thread. I'll just be quick, maybe write a review on the Drift so you have a comparison. I really like everything about the Drift, but there was a noticable difference between that and Arbor. After riding a Coda, you can feel the difference in build. Certainly a handcrafted board, and had that feel like a NS, Smokin, or Lib Tech in build.

Edge hold was my only problem with the Drift. It would wash on icy patches. Had decent dampening (I personally thought more than the Double Dog Destroyer / Honeypot from Forum). But I railed into some turns of some side trails to hit kickers and washed hard twice. Demoed the Evo the next day, did the same thing, no problem. Same with the Coda.

Problem was, for me, the Evo was just meh when it came to playfulness, while the Drift was pure fun. Thought the Drift had more pop as well.

Which rolls back to this review. Loved the Coda, but it was too all mountain, and not enough park. So now I wonder, is the Westmark / Blacklist the perfect park board. Has edge hold, a higher quality build, but still the same amount of fun and ease of buttering as the Drift?

I need to find a demo.....
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote