Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

Yea, the ReFLEX baseplates go well with reverse camber boards. The winged backs don't do shit except catch my pant legs. I think the idea of wings on the inside the legs might have some use based on the way your leg moves when you press because it would help bring the board up on the opposite leg. The pressing leg doesn't really create any drive into the scrub hook when it's on the outside. ReFLEX is a good idea but it's impact is minimal. To really affect board feel, you need a completely different system like EST. AutoCANT is nice, not too much canting and is comfortable. Then again, I can ride noncant beds and they feel fine. The hammock felt fine but not any better than normal highback pockets.

My opinion is that less is more for bindings. Work and improve the simpler stuff because completely reinventing the way bindings attach to the board is going to mean a radically different design. Until then, just keep refining the current design.

The Hinge is very good in that it enables more natural feel and better ergos for pressing and ollieing. It just gave you some pliability that made the movements feel more natural.

What the bindings did really, really well are the straps and ratchets. I could ratchet these things so fast on and off I actually started to lap people while hiking jib features at Park Lane. They are that fast, they never slip, never catch ... they just work. The toe caps are Burton's GettaGrip, similar to the Baltimore toes you find on TechNine and they are the best in the biz, IMO. The ankle strap is really killer, here. It's 3D molded and the kushest strap I've ever worn. It's so comfortable. If you are getting the Cartels, upgrade to the Cartel Restricted because the fatter strap is really worth it. I can't say enough about that ankle strap, it is fucking gravy on your feet. Seriously, someone should grow a new strain of weed and call it "Asym Superstrap". They are that good.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote