Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#737 ·

I think I have posted in this thread before but it was probably about 50 pages ago.

04 wrx wagon with full sti drivetrain. The current winter setup pic is the only one I have of it currently. They are the sti bbs wheels powder coated in black. The brembos are powder coated in black as well.

#739 · (Edited)
My 1999 Jeep Cherokee!
2" lift 31" BFG AT tires
cowl snorkel
thrush welded muffler with 2.25" tailpipe and 2.5" tip
Waiting for a 10" sub box for the cubby hole in the back and to pull the ugly bumper cap brackets on the side and bed line all the way back and on the bumper. It never stops. There's always something to do. I definately caught the jeep bug. Anyone here on Cherokeeforum or jeepforum?

Pictures were taken just after pulling all the fender flares, trimming fenders and bed lining the rocker panels and around the fender.

Attachments

#744 · (Edited)
I just bought basically my dream truck...a 1996 (1st gen) x-cab 4x4 toyota tacoma that is in very very good condition, its at 122k miles. Its my "dream truck" because the 1st gen tacoma is one of the best 4x4 trucks you can buy, it is small, light and nimble so it can get through any trail, it is built to be an offroader and even stock has great ground clearence, it has an amazing bulletproof engine,and the aftermarket is increadible, plus many others i cant remember. The only reason i bought a truck at 122k miles is because it is a 1st gen toyota tacoma and they are famous for lasting forever. I loved my lowered 2wd 99 tacoma (and had to sell it to buy this one), but i really wanted a 4x4. So i found this one that was very well taken care of and jumped on it. Of course one of the biggest reasons i got a 4x4 was for driving in the winter to go snowboarding, so this will be my new mountain assault vehicle!

#761 ·
The ultimate VT snowmobile takes a hit:

Bottom Line - Subaru stops sales of three 2012 models

Customer complaints of faulty brakes have forced Subaru of America to postpone the sales of three of its 2012 models: Impreza, Legacy and the popular Outback.

So far, 3,000 cars have been sold and have been recalled. All dealerships stopped selling the vehicles on Nov. 25, Autoweek reported today.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had received about 130 complaints about the problem.

"Some customers said the brakes didn't feel right," Subaru of America spokesman Michael McHale said. "The pedal travels farther than it should. There were no failure issues, no accidents."

#762 ·
Doesn't take much to effect the image of a company huh. Sounds like a simple fix though.

They're 'postponing' sales, not 'stopping' sales. There is a difference!

It's gonna take me some time to get used to the look of the new subarus. Especially the impreza

#768 · (Edited)
haha no problem. well i had an equally priced 1999 2wd xcab taco. It has 38,000 original miles, which i bought almost 3 years ago at 24k miles for 6,000. That truck is a whole 'nother story. The fact that i found a 99 with 24k original miles with a totally clean title and absolutely perfect everything is a total fluke. I recently sold the 2wd for 7000. Drove it for almost 3 years, put on 15k miles on it, made $1000, not bad eh:laugh: And i got a pretty darn good deal on the 4x4, and the only reason i bought the 4x4 was because it too was in very very good condition. Almost perfect interior, almost perfect body, and the options i wanted. Now granted it is 3 years older and has triple the miles, so while i broke even on actual truck price, its going to cost me in maintence repairs sooner or later, which i dont mind. The subie i was borrowing from my parents for the winter, but since i found the 4x4 before the winter even started i dont need it anymore. That also causes a problem because i started the subie roll call thread thinking i was going to be driving a subie for a little while...:cool:

#772 ·
I am seriously thinking about buying one "for my wife." Are the new models more comfortable than the early models? I remember the front seats being really hard and worse in the back with not much leg room.

Is the turbo worth it?

#773 ·
The new model definitely feels more like a small luxury SUV, which I'm on the fence about at the moment. I can't speak for the back seat because I'm never back there, but I'd assume for a small person like me, it would be quite comfortable. For myself, turbo is worth it, I am a tad bit of a speed junkie and it seems as of late, nobody in this city can drive, in which turbo works out to my advantage. But with that being said, the n/a version is honestly super, super fun. For a 2.5L engine in a bigger body, it has quite a bit of power. Besides watching my fuel mileage drop like a rock because of the break in period, I myself have no regrets about said vehicle.

#778 ·
99 explorer sport! It's old, has a good number of miles, it's falling apart, and you can tell the engine is tired. But its paid off and it gets me a few hours away continually! It's a beater for sure. My Infiniti does not come out once the salt hits the roads.

#779 ·
03 chevy trailblazer 4x4 with a front level, nitrogen shocks and canadian tire/ goodyear blizzacks studded on steel 16 inch rims. 1994 ranger awaiting long travel conversion currently with a 4 inch lift on 33 inch bf goodrich baja t/a (alternate tread) race tires. I need a new sled dont know if i should go REV or RMK though, everyone says the polaris is a POS but its 4K cheaper.

#780 ·
01 Civic 5 speed. Just put 2 Cooper WeatherMasters on it and it crawls like a champ. Took it up a iced over driveway with a serious incline and it never once slipped. Couldn't imagine how stable it would be if the rears had snow shoes as well. Plus it gets 45mpg. Can't beat that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.