Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#1,765 ·
Why would you buy a truck for performance? It's stupid is what it is. There are plenty of trucks that will be better in the snow and don't cost 60 grand. I've ridden in one and they're the same as any truck until you put your foot on the gas and they're fast. I don't see the practicality unless you street race trucks which is fucking stupid if you ask me.

#1,767 ·
The raptor isn't supposed to be fast. It's 6.2L is available in 4 or 5 other trims of F150 as well. What it does have is upgraded suspension, more geared towards off-roading, and more aggressive bodywork and trim. Ford's SVT program isn't really intended to be practical. It's intended to be fun.

#1,824 ·
Came back. Didn't broke down, 38mpg, didn't dissapoint in tight and snow covered serpentine roads :) On one day, actualy, our van stuck on the steepest part coming back home, no chains or whatsoever, and I had no problems towing in from the snow and up the road in like 5-8 inches of snow.

#1,784 ·
My snowboarding vehicle:

My fun vehicle, that even though I don't use to snowboard, I'm not afraid to get in the snow ;)

Every year, when I'm up snowboarding and hangfing out up north, I start thinking I should get rid of both vehicles and get an STi for all around duty.

Attachments

#1,796 ·
Mine is a 2013 Volkswagen Golf R.

AWD, lots of power, and it's comfy. What more can you ask for? It has a Thule box in winter and the record I've gotten to fit are 6 boards WITH bindings.

During one trip, I was the supply hauler for our 8 person trip and got to fit all 8 snowboards in the car, plus scotch:

#1,798 ·
There's a British car TV show called 'Top Gear' and my favorite host is James May, who developed the nickname 'Captain Slow' for being methodical and doesn't depend on speed and power to get things done.

Funny enough, he's the one that does the fastest driving tests,

I love his mannerisms, presentation, and he's a hoot to watch.

#1,804 · (Edited)
Hello all VW, Audi and car enthusiasts

Jealous of all the subarus on here.

2011 VW TDI golf as a daily and snow cruiser.

Winter tires on it and can stash gear for 3 people and have 3 passengers with the right rear seats folded down. I don't have any racks yet.

Was able to just rock back and forth out of this the other day with my snow tires. Ha.

I also have a 2004 VW GTI as my summer car, but it's collecting dust the last 3 years since I've put finishing it on the latter part of my priorities list.

#1,805 ·
Jealous of all the subarus on here.

2011 VW TDI golf as a daily and snow cruiser.

Winter tires on it and can stash gear for 3 people and have 3 passengers with the right rear seats folded down. I don't have any racks yet.

Was able to just rock back and forth out of this the other day with my snow tires. Ha.

I also have a 2004 VW GTI as my summer car, but it's collecting dust the last 3 years since I've put finishing it on the latter part of my priorities list.

sick!

I'm pretty set on a Golf for my next vehicular.

#1,815 ·
$ 1800 for new clutch fork, transmission lube, new front axle and 7 hours work on the WRX. Clutch was stuck to the floor the night before leaving for Kwood. Good thing it happened home and not half way up 88 in snow.

Now I'm in love with the new Audi S3. But man it's pricey.:gaah:

#1,817 ·
'08 Subaru Outback Wagon with a Thule Cascade 676XT roof box.

The car is great although a bit uncomfortable on long drives. With a little creativity, the roof box is large enough to hold 2 part of skis/poles and 1 board. By next season, I'll have a wider roof box to accommodate an extra board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.