Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #614 (permalink)
extra0
Veteran Member

I've been riding an undisputed with targas, pretty exclusively, since 2008 - Epic combo. Eventually, I just pushed everything to the back most inserts and rode everything from 5 foot deep pow to all mtn groomers and everything in between without a glitch. It could be the ultimate all mtn board (the omni is very similar).

Just recently, I dropped the targas for cartels, mainly because I got the cartels practically free, but also because Targas are 10 oz heavier and not nearly as damp.

The 2012 undisputed has "back seat" inserts which may be a problem considering they actually just moved the last 2 back one notch...meaning the second to last stance has completely disappeared (that was the "sweet spot" on the 163 cm, as far as I'm concerned).

Another possible issue (for me) is they switched from a medium coarse base grind to a fine grind. I ride the "wetter" powder of Tahoe and the medium was working very well.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote