Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #124 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredTaos View Post
Generally if you don't have the skill to ride blacks/double blacks, then don't go to the park. Learn to crawl before you walk.
that was my opinion on it for a while (because thats how i chose to progress) but after being here and hearing different sides of the topic from people like snowolf, by the time you can do blacks/double blacks i would think you have chosen your expertise to be in freeride, instead of free style. While i dont have much experience in very steep "60 degree pitches and chutes" like some of the more experienced riders here, i have spent enough time riding all mountain, dodging trees, riding steeps, and progressing freeride i would be totaly confident riding alot of the stuff that snowolf does, double blacks and chutes in utah (because thats where i venture to for my gnarly riding), wouldnt think twice. I would be on thoes in a heart beat...however when i stroll through the park, oh god its not my forte. that hop on street style down rail will murder me for an hour before i can even get to the bottom of it. and when i manage board slides and 180s, shit its like i won the x games. its all how you want to ride. if someone doesen't want to learn to ride all mountain and just spends all their time park, good for them. let em. Just as long as they are not out there hucking cliff drops and getting burried in deep shit out of bounds (or even in bounds) and getting hurt because they think they are still in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants

Last edited by IdahoFreshies; 12-03-2011 at 01:46 PM.
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote