Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Best tailbone protection is? azzpadz?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
eelpout

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyfloyd View Post
Been riding with the McDavid Freeride Pants. It has thicker/stronger hexpads on the tailbone and knees, softer hexpads on the hips. Decent protection at a good comfort level.
Seems like I was waiting FOREVER for McDavid to release their snow sports line. Would read about various pros trying it out over the years, but it was never released. When I couldn't wait anymore I got the Crash Pad 2000 mesh short. Been using it for a couple seasons now. Works well. Notice they have a new version out too, the 2600, which has dry fabric for $10 more. These are the versions without the plastic tail shield.

I'm wondering if the Freeride is being discontinued, various sizes are hard to find and McDavid isn't showing it on their website. XSportsProtective seems to the only one carrying them in the US.

All they need to do is add a Thudd short with a dual density Hexpad in the tailbone, but they seem reluctant to do that.
eelpout is offline   Reply With Quote