Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Administrator
Thread: Administrator
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mooz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
This is the deal the Forum records the ip address of the main modem. So in theory thenightmare/hyma$$ could correct with the whole IP address situation. The Forum administrator might have a more developed system when you can record the subnet mask IP address but I am not sure if they have one. It is actually simple to test it get 2 computers in the WAP or WEP protected network and go to a ip address detection site, and if you notice they both have the same IP address, even thought they operate under different ones.
Ok, now you're just abusing buzz words They're at a school so the school it going to have one NATd internet connection. Without a client installed on the PC, you aren't going to get their PCs IP address. Even if you did I'd wadger many of us have the same address. Getting the subnet is useless. They're all going to be 255.255.255.0 unless they are super subnetting. Then you still only get 255.255.252.0 etc. WAP and WEP are two different ways to "secure" a wireless network. Both suck mighty nards but WEP is god awfull.