Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is Mount Norquay really a glacier?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Default Is Mount Norquay really a glacier?

Everyone plays it out to absolutely sucking for snow quality, but is that just in comparison with some of its neighbours? (Sunshine). I lived in Canmore off and on for over 10 years and now probably moving back. My situation is that when I lived there, I avoided Norquay because my buddy said it sucked and wasn't worth it, why not go to Sunshine.

My question is a theoretical one. If Norquay was say in Red Deer instead of next to Sunshine, would it still be known as the ice field ride of the rockies or is it suddenly in the boat of Castle Mountain because it's the only mountain around so to speak. Kinda like how Kimberley is the much smaller known sister of Fernie, but Kimberley still gets magnificent snow too.

Perhaps some riders who have actually ridden Norquay a lot within the last few years can weigh in on this for me. Preferably also having experience with the dumps and quality of SV.

P.s. I know Norquay has a sweet park. This thread is about snow amount and quality, more so the amount.

Cheers!