Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 50-50 to concussion
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
herzogone
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zk0ot View Post
yuck the vid made the snow look horrible!

this happened to me last year. but off some jacked booter... Forgot how i got to the mountain. Forgot the Ambulance ride.... Forgot how i wound up on my couch with IV holes in my arm. Diagnosed with Cerebral Fissures aka "a ripped brain." = out for last half of season.

Cool to see it on tape tho. hahah hope all goes well for the rest of your season.
Yeah, things were getting icy as it got into the afternoon and things got shaded. I should have know better. Yikes, your injury sounds much worse, glad you're okay also. One of the first things I said in recovery was "I hope I got video of that" Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Glad you're somewhat ok, concussions suck, I've had way too many myself but I hated to hear you in that video right after the slam, sounded like you knocked the wind out pretty good too. Hope you didn't get the vomiting part of a concussion after that some of us get.
Thanks! Yeah, I definitely think it must have knocked the wind out of me pretty good (I think I even wheezed "ow, my head"). I did get lucky and didn't have any vomiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOTY View Post
Happened to be but on a rainbow box. Got whiplash, I was wearing a helmet, too. Now, I never go without one. Hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Bummer, glad you recovered though. I've had an incident with a rainbow box too, but luckily mine just resulted in severe butt bruises. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Ouch, good you are generally alright... take it easy. As I enter my thirties I have been more careful about my long term health instead of "shaking it off" and "pushing through things" like I used to...

I like how I can here you at the end of the video saying "no I'm good..." reminds me of the following
Haha, thanks lonerider, that vid made me laugh! I definitely need to be cautious as well, I'm actually 35.
herzogone is offline   Reply With Quote