Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with my stance?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
How is your forward lean and are you rotating your highbacks? Highback rotation can in some cases make the board feel catchy on heelside. If you have a lot of forward lean cranked in, this too can also make the board very heelside bias. Lastly, check your stance width. Often people set things up as wide as they can go because it is thought to be the cool way to ride. When doing this, a person can set a stance that is too wide for their body. A stance that is too wide will usually show up first as difficulty in toe side turn initiation.
what to you mean by "rotating" into my highbacks? my stance width is centered. (im 6' 1'" on a 156) and it feels natural. the only thing that doesent feel natural, are my angles. when standing in front of my board, my feet are naturally at greater angles. is there anything wrong with going with something higher then 15, perhaps 20? would doing so help with my problem?
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote