Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

SLC Resorts

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  WasatchMan 
#1 ·
Headed to SLC this weekend. Unfortunately, doesn't look like there's much snow... where's the best place to go in this situation between Snowbird, the Canyons, Solitude and Brighton? Do any of these places have better snowmaking coverage than others making more terrain available? Thanks!

#5 ·
Take a trip down to moab and go climbing! I'd scratch the Canyons, too. It'll all be dicey, so it'll be a toss-up. Locals say Brighton. If you're a traveler/visitor, I suggest the Bird just to check it out.

#14 ·
I was in Park City about 2 years ago... I went to PCM and the Canyons. Canyons is fun if you stay in the middle runs. The ones on the edge will strand you... lots of polling on skis. boarding those runs is no fun.

out of curiosity, how come park city mountain is not on your list?

#16 ·
Because of the lack of snow, Brighton or Solitude are probably the best bet right now. While opening day was sick at canyons (untracked tree runs all day), its tracked out and icy now, with their mini terrain park being the only redeeming quality. Snowbird is fun, but no new snow there either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.