Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding setup options
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zachripper81

Peaceryder,

I was in the same situation as you so far as riding in old gear but last season my boots started to fall apart after my first day and needed replacement. Didn't have a lot of options for stores to visit or from the boots they had, but got the 2011 Ride Ful (in neon orange, nonetheless). I'm huge on comfort which is why I didn't look online and the Fuls are as cozy as everyone says they are. I don't remember talking much to the sales guy about stiffness, probably because there were so few options to pick from in the first place, but I was surprised to learn this was a "freestyle" boot. I'm almost 100% freeride (groomers, trees, powder, crud, moguls, anything not park or vertical ice) and these boots were such a huge upgrade over my old ones I still find it baffling. So comfortable, adjustable, warm, no binding slip, and THE CONTROL??? I had figured "how big a difference could boots really make, and what can you change and improve on boots?" but the first couple turns in these gave me a spiritual awakening. It was like what I imagine Neo felt at the end of the Matrix (first and only good one) when everything slowed down for him after he came back to life - suddenly, everything before seemed so imprecise and slow and I couldn't figure out how I had been able to do anything before these boots.

I'm still deciding on a new board and bindings for this season and I don't know jack about binding stiffness or even how other boots compare, but this longwinded story is my vote of assurance to you that these boots did a great job on everything I threw at them and I don't think you'd be disappointed with them.

Two weeks until I'll have a chance to get up this season, can't wait...
Zachripper81 is offline   Reply With Quote