Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 50-50 to concussion
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
herzogone
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
herzogone just to throw this out there. The snowboard addiction videos helped me tremendously to ride boxes and rails This year I'm stepping up the rails a bit. There are tons of great tips/information I would never have known on my own nor found out the hard way. Being a dad of similar situation, this was a HUGE help for me to ride safer and better in the park.
You may want to check them out if you haven't already.
Not saying I haven't slammed by any means, just a lot less had I not known what to do....
Thanks, I definitely want to check those out, I just haven't gotten around to it (other than their free ones). If this weather keeps up though, I should have plenty of time to watch videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engage_mike View Post
I think this is a great thread to share with the kid that was asking "Should I wear a helmet" Way to make light of a bad fall Herzogone
Thanks, I'll go share this in a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basso4735 View Post
Ahh man, I have had the EXACT same fall on the same feature at my local hill. Instead of the head hitting, my tailbone took most of the blow. OUCH!

Glad to see you are doing ok though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
good share! glad you're ok now..
concussions can be really bad and the more you get them the worse they can get..

i don't ride rails and benches for this exact reason.
Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to go back to avoiding the park when conditions are hard/icy. I'll be taking a couple weeks off anyway the way the weather is here. I'm waiting for my home mountain to open (the way it's looking that could be even longer).
herzogone is online now   Reply With Quote