Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is Mount Norquay really a glacier?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
roremc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceryder View Post
Wow, for someone getting into park/freestyle riding, having an airbag to practice in is worth the price of season pass in itself. Thanks for the insight about Norquay - Didn't think it was quite as bad as some say. Of-course it can never be as good because of all the man made snow, just doesn't have the same fluff. But for $300 bucks for a mid-week, I may just go this route and save the sunshine card for shredding SV once a week.

How are the lift lines compared to Sunshine during the week? No doubt packed on the weekends, but I won't be there then, unless for a bit of night riding - haven't done that since I was 16 and went to some very small hill in North Dakota, lol. Sitting up top Norquay looking down at the Banff lights is something I'm totally going to do - with my trusty bowl of-course :P

BTW, I know there's a free shuttle up Norquay from Banff, but is there a shuttle coming from Canmore? I may have to take the greyhound to banff in the morning, then hop on the shuttle if that's the case.
I'm still to try the airbag but it looks pretty fun and safe.

LIft lines even on the weekend are short. I think I have had to wait maybe 2 minutes at worst. Its never that busy. There are a lot of kids there though which is ok but they are not very aware and do ride/ski all over the place.

Night riding is on Friday and Saturday nights this year. It doesnt start till Jan. Again never busy. The air bag might be busy though as it will be popular this season as its friggin awesome!

The shuttle from Banff is not free. Its $15 return and I think $10 for season pass holders. (Dont quote me on the second one.) the best way from Canmore is on the airporter. I think it $10 bucks each way. The greyhound is fucked in the winter as its super unreliable.

If you are looking at Sunshine have you seen the Sunshine Marmot card? A good deal if you are not getting a pass - https://store.skibanff.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2

Let me know if you have any questions!