Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding setup options
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachripper81 View Post
A lot of people like the Cartels, and Union Forces have gotten a lot of love on these boards. I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Rome 390 Boss and Targa. Most boots and bindings will work with each other so you don't need to get the same brand for both, just make sure your boot fits the binding you choose.

I'm in that same $700 gift to myself versus rent and bills next month conundrum. What can I get for a gently used kidney these days?
Lol, I guess that would depend on the quality of your kidneys. How do they measure up in the 'blue book' of the black market

I did like the Union bindings and had mentioned needing to find Burton boots because as I understand it, Burton bindings must go alongside burton boots. But they're the exception.
Also read a thread on this forum pertaining to the 390's and someone mentioned they're quite soft compared to anouther binding - actually this may have been the Unions. I'll have to drop into the other shop this week and checkout Rome gear. Meh, any binding will do considering I'm using 12 year old Salomon all mountain bindings made completely of plastic.

I know that people who have my board are loving the cartel and union binding, but what style of riding do these guys partake in. There in lies the issue because what may seem super stiff to an all day park rider, may not do the job on a steep descent. I have to face the facts though, can't have my cake and eat it too. Maybe get blessed in my choosing of a binding based on just fit.

-Not a lemon product clearly Salomon - GOOD JOB!

Last edited by Peaceryder; 12-08-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Peaceryder is offline   Reply With Quote