Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boarding with a Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
NYinfamous2k2

Default Boarding with a Herniated Disc

Whats up, Im trying to see how many of you guy have herniated dics's and if you have any specific things you do or wear to protect yourself to lessen the chance or re-injuring it. I actually have 3 herniated disc's 2 from when I was younger but this third one was from boarding 2 yrs ago, which has really been bothering me. it put me out for the end of that season, and I re-injured it last season that put me out for a month of last season. I dont want that to happen again, so for the past few months I have been going to Physical therapy and doing core and lower back exercises. But I wanted to know if any of you have any sucessful methods that have got you thru the season with this problem such as, back braces, sport tape, Taking pills such as Ibprofin before boarding (recommended to me from doc), any special stretches, Icyin methods, anything, ill take all the information that I can get. as of right now my back is feeling kind of sketchy so I know going all out with out any preventative measures wont end well.

Thanks

Last edited by NYinfamous2k2; 12-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote