Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

When in the year do prices drop?

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  berg 
G
#1 ·
So currently, a lot of boards are at 40-50% off b/c of "clearance sale".

Did this just happen? Does April mark the beginning of another price drop to say 60%?

I'm just trying to figure out around when do stores mark down their prices. Like, 1st drop in price in March, next drop in May, final drop in summer?

This is my 1st year looking to buy winter clothes/snowboard gear so want to know if I should wait another few weeks to buy things or if the next drop won't be till June.

Thanks!

G
#5 ·
I think that the best time to buy is in the fall when most places are really trying to get rid of last year's stuff and start selling the new stuff. Usually places like buysnow.com and the-house.com (check sticky for other good sites) have some GREAT deals in the fall on some pretty awesome equipment. Hope this helps!! :D

G
#6 ·
The reason I ask is that I've now bought boots and a board and just need bindings.

I'm not too picky on bindings, just want decent quality ones as good and cheap if possible. For example, Burton freestyles, customs, and Ride EX are all about $60-85 right now and wondering if binding prices will drop even more by next season (I don't plan on riding again this season).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.