Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boarding with a Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
NYinfamous2k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
I had two (simultaneously) late last season, but not from snowboarding. Sucked. Terrible pain, as you know.

Inversion therapy is awesome. If you can get a table, it's SO worth it. A good massage therapist and Chiro are helpful, too.

As for supplements, New Chapter makes a product called Zyflamend that helps inflammation.
Cool, Ill definitely check out that supplement. As for an inversion table I hear you, I bought one last year had it for a while, and inversion does help but I sold it because it was way to big and bulky as I kept it in my bedroom. after selling it and regreted not having any inversion therapy I purchased a pair of inversion boots that hook right up to my pullup bar. They work great but the benifit of the table was you can go to less degree angles if pain is severe where as the boots its 100% inverted all the time but, still gets the job done. Funny you mention the massage therapist I just linked up with the massage therapist that works at my Physical therapy place. since my slum ass insurance just cut me off she said she does work on the side also which I will be contacting her since this is probably the only massage therapist that actually alleviated pain vs just a rub down. thanks for the info E.R.S.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote