Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - SLC Trip (Some Advice Needed)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Boiler12

Default SLC Trip (Some Advice Needed)

Hey everyone, so I have been reading up on all the threads talking about SLC and appreciate seeing everyone's input on the highs and lows of each resort.

I'm hoping for a little advice from you all as I am planning a trip for myself and two of my buddies for either a 2 or 3 days around SLC from January 2nd to the 5th or 6th.

I've checked out pretty much everywhere but it's hard to tell by a trail map what would give us the best experience. So a little background we are from IL/IN/MI so we have been to a lot of the hills around here. Last Spring we took a trip to MT and were at Red Lodge for four days in March and got fresh snow 3 of the 4 days, needless to say it was an incredible trip (plus lodging was free thanks to family I had out there). Here is the trail map and stats for RL ( Red Lodge Mountain Resort & Golf Course in Montana ). We rode pretty much all of the trails save for a few of the double blacks. There were a few we ended up having a run at and enjoying on the last day, we did have someone more experienced on that trip to ride with us though so that helped out when we tried some of the tougher terrain. I was hoping to get some input on where to go around SLC for those few days seeing as it's just the three of us.

Right now I was looking at Snowbasin but I wanted to make sure, based on our experience so far, if that would be a good choice for a few days or if we would have more fun at a Brighton/Solitude type place or maybe just even just stay at PCMR. Regardless of where we go it will be the best days of the year for us, just trying to make it the best it can possibly be.

Thanks for reading and giving some input, much appreciated.
Boiler12 is offline   Reply With Quote