Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 7D or 5D Mark II
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nose Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I agree that to need at least 60fps for slow motion sequences, even with twixtor.

In my opinion you are not really going to notice the difference between the 85 mm non-L and L lens (which is actually closer to two grand)
. Also without a micro red like setup doing a smooth focus adjustment is going to be hard. I would suggest getting some non-L priyesh for practice then renting from borrowlenses.com, you can rent a Canon 85 L for the weekend for only 60bucks... Which is more cost effective I think. They also rent some even higher end cinema lenses for Canon mounts.

Good luck and would love to see your videos if you have them posted online.

I've been wanting to throw up some of my freelance videos sometime, but I'll have to get the files from my clients My shorts aren't on the internet due to contest rules such as Tribecka film festival "If you released it on the internet... No entry". But if I get time to get some freelance stuff together I'll hit you up. Btw for the focus pulls I would buy a baseplate with rails and get a nice follow focus and focus rings, most likely both Gini.
Nose Press is offline   Reply With Quote