Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is Mount Norquay really a glacier?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabraman View Post
Norquay's park is quite good because it has a chair servicing it so you can lap it easy, and most of the surrounding hills have poor parks. Otherwise it wouldn't be anything special - that's for sure.
Louise & Panorama both have pretty good parks. (Panorama nice LONG park with chair). Pano is one of, if not THE least snowy mountain in the country, but is the best place to take the family for many nice mellow groomers runs and a ski-in village.
Best park in the Banff area is definitely Lake Louise (esp. since RCR is out and they got their jumps back). Going west, the better terrain parks are in the Okanagan (esp. Big White & Silver Star), and then onwards to Whistler, which of course has an amazing park.
Don't forget about Castle Mountain - it's one of the best, right up there with Kicking Horse & Revy.
Yeah, I'll be heading up to Castle every week of the season to ride. I knew it had a couple progression parks and the parking lot evening jibbing, but didn't know it would be considered a good park? More like the entire mtn has park-ish stunts (This is what I've heard). I was there two times last year and avoided the park runs.
Panorama is pretty mellow for their mountain biking steeps too, but they have great stunts in the summer just like it appears in winter. Lack of snow blows for them though, lol.
Lake Louise is quite the drive for a day of boarding... I go to college and my $$ allow me to make a day trip to Castle once a week. The Lake has an awesome park by the looks of vids and pics I've seen. Maybe make it out there once this winter. Castle is gonna be home though, forsure.