Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - possible torn meniscus?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
orangatang

I tore my meniscus a few years ago and a great way to figure it out is to do what my sports therapist told me not to do. Which was to not bend my knees and do a twisting motion.
I another thing is that I asked him about a brace too and he said that it wont do anything but have a physical effect on you because the problem is on the inside of your knee. There is really nothing to brace, you tend to need a brace more for like almost tearing your ACL which I have almost also done twice.
It can heal over time, it depends though. I would see a doctor about it or better yet someone who deals with sports injury's. There is therapy you can do.

After I tore it, I can't remember if I ran on it or not but I could walk just fine. I could also not see any inflammation around the knee. But you should watch out and go easy on the bending and twisting of the knee till you get it checked out.

Work out wise I can do all my regular stuff, same with weight lifting. The thing that bugs my knee the most is wall sits. You will just have to take it a little easier on that knee for a little bit.

Last edited by orangatang; 12-12-2011 at 03:42 PM.
orangatang is offline   Reply With Quote