Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are these dynamic turns?!!?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
newguy36

Default Are these dynamic turns?!!?

This weekend was the first time I could get out for the season(Dam you mother nature). Here is a short clip of me trying to turn dynamically. This video is from the end of the second day. I think I was a little tired so I started straightening my front leg.

Few questions:

1) Early in the weekend when I had more strength I felt like my turns were a lot better. When i was making my turns i could feel the board pulling away from me. Should I be feeling this? Is this feeling the board grabbing the edge and initiating the turn?

2) I was also focusing on keeping my knees bent when the board was under me. I would then push out on my edges. At times it felt like I was trying to stand up, and i would lose my balance. Should i be feeling this?

3) I tend to lean back a little. I was trying to focus on leaning forward this weekend. I figured if i i focused on bending my knees at the same angle i would accomplish this. How do i know if I'm leaning to far forward?

Sorry for the wall of text. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

the link to the video.... dynanic turns?!? - YouTube

Last edited by newguy36; 12-12-2011 at 04:15 PM.
newguy36 is offline   Reply With Quote