Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are these dynamic turns?!!?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Agreed! Lonerider is definitely carving. Sometimes the edge is blowing out in the carve. This looks to me like the result of staying a bit static. The flex is terrific and a hell of a lot more than most riders. The thing I noticed though is he stays that way most of the time. I am not seeing a lot of extension going on through his turn. A little extension through the turn and some fore-aft movement which I am also not seeing a whole lot of will help keep the edge locked in when in the last half of the turn.
A pre-apology for slightly hijacking this thread I do believe my form wasn't the best since I was focusing on aiming the camera at myself... but it probably as it exposes technique issues I need to work on anyway (I think everyone's form breaks down a little when they are distracted).

Yea, I definitely noticed I was not extending my legs out as much as I think I could have, especially on the toeside where sometimes I'm basically completely "compressed" I think I was worried that I'll over-pressure pressure the edge and/dig my toes into the snow (boot drag is my nemesis... the end of the video where I slid out on my heeledge is my boot heel/binding dragging into the snow). That why I am more conservative in boot overhang discussions.

I do try to the do the fore-aft movement to hang onto the carve... for me it feels like I shift my weight forward to initiate the edge just in front of my front binding (i.e. the front contact point) and during the carve, my weight shifts down the edge until I reach the part just past my back binding.

Thanks for the tips, but I think we should keep the focus on the OP!
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote