Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer freeride snowboarding relatively near Irvine, Ca ?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

If you choose a commercial flight option Timberline in MT.hood, OR will be open. I am not sure of the amount of terrain that they will have open, but it should be a somewhat short flight for you. I am going to be there early May, I hope conditions will be somewhat good.

But over all I agree with killclimbz your choices are going to be limited during June, most of the resort close in April, some stay open through May and by June there very few that manage to stay open. Although you are in luck since the west coast (OR, CA, WA) has a longer season than the rockies, mainly because of the higher water content of the snow it sticks more to the ground and bases build up quicker. So if their is snow it will be in your area, but to be honest I don't think any resort in CA will be open in June. Mammoth is reporting their spring fest to be from April 21 to may 18, but I am not sure if that is their closing day and usually they are the last to close in CA.

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 03-28-2008 at 10:23 AM.