Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Air Hole Masks?
Thread: Air Hole Masks?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Peaceryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
The one I got is really thin. It works good for putting under the goggles compared to a normal mask, though you could just find a normal mask you like and put a hole in it. My face is cold in mine, and it froze fast. Also the top part (the black edging) immediately wants to curl. Weird material and flimsy.

Best mask so far is one I got off etsy so making your own (I assume you have a sewing machine) with soft fleece and a hole is probably a better bet, then you can size it how you like it.

Edit: Here is the one I have

Yeah, I was thinking about combining layers like you do with the upper/lower body. One layer on the outside for weatherproofing (raincoat like material), then a layer of fleece and a layer of wool, along with a wicking layer for moisture closer to the skin. I'm going to attach a strap system from a cycling road helmet to get it to fit as snug as possible. This way if my sizing is off, I can simply cinch the clasp. I was going to sew in a ventilation piece from a dust mask for breathing and maybe attach a flap so that if it's really cold I can minimize cold air coming in. All this material is from winter products kicking around my place.

Lol, I'll post a picture once completed. Hope it turns out as good as I'm theorizing it will :P