Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Proto CT + 09 Forces Set up. Rated: NC-17
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
rdot84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beschatten View Post
Rode the CT again today. A few minor things I want to add. Ollies are a little gimp for me because there isn't enough tail to load. Board is poppy though when taking off with two feet.

Long radius carves are probably the easiest on this board as well as small radius turns (kinda carvey but sometimes skiddy).

Damp as fuck. It was slushy shit snow and it charged right through it. Hardly rattled me while going fast.

It can also be a bit grabby, I should detune my edges for this. I fell once today because of this. I was breaking heelside, and the board just grabbed the snow out of nowhere...Well, stopping instantly while breaking down from 30mph can only result in one thing. FACEPLANT. Hahaha. I think I flew forwards maybe 15 feet. Fuck that shit hurt when my adams apple landed on my fist.

Not as noodley as I first rode it. I widended out my stance to the max and this helped out a lot. Fucked with my ollies but helped with landings and coastin down mountains.
So its not just me who feels this board is a bit catchy at the most inopportune moments. I think im going to detune my edges too.