Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Proto CT + 09 Forces Set up. Rated: NC-17
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Beschatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
What size boots do you ride? Do you suffer from a lot of drag while making deep carves? I have 11s and got the wide version and it is noticeably less quick from edge to edge, but I thought I needed it for the larger feet... I don't have any drag though and can really get my belly draggin'. I'm 6'3", 180 riding the 158 Proto CTX (wide).

I'm normally size 12, but I'm on low profile 11's, the Ride Hi-Phy.

I have maybe half an inch on the front and back, but my boot curls upwards, not to mention the +1 inch or so the bindings give me, so I have a lot of room to carve deep and not hit any drag. Also my stance angles give reduce the overhang as well. I think 11 is pretty much the cutoff for the CT. A ballpark of how deep it can go toe side would be about 70 degrees and the heel about 55. It's plenty for carving but I normally never go that deep unless I ride steep.

I rode a 159W Banana before this and noticed the sluggish side to side as well, so I said fuck it. I'm buying low pro boots and going normal. Biggest I'd go is a 25.5-26.0 mid-wide with a deep sidecut with these boots.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote