Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Arbor Westmark 150
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Beschatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
Damping, as noted above, is absent. This makes it unforgiving in rough terrain and a bit chattery when hauling flat.

Grip isn't magnetraction level so you have to be very aware of the limits. It's good for a rocker design but doesn't have the death claws.

It isn't going to float the best in powder if you size for park riding and if you size it up for powder, it's not going to be as fun on rails. It's a hair stout for getting super tech while jibbing where the Draft is good but almost too soft to do anything but rails on.

Even with grip tech, it's rocker so you have to stomp your landings a bit.

There honestly isn't much bad to say about it other than potential durability issues. I haven't experienced any yet, but Before2Day points out he smashed his edge and base doing apparently casual riding which is not up to expectations at all. Some people might find the snap a bit average, I think it's solid.

It's very good at what it's designed for (park cruising and casual approach to all mountain freestyle) and what it's bad at is not unexpected. Big mountain freestyle, bombing very tough and technical terrain and deep, deep powder riding aren't going to be strong.
Ah okay, good review. I just didn't wanna read the whole thing to find this stuff out haha.
Beschatten is offline   Reply With Quote