Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2011 K2 Turbo Dream 157W
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredTaos View Post
Another little update. Rode another 20 inches of powder yesterday - which was so epic. This board fucking shreds, riding steep pow bumps is so effortless compared to a camber board. I was able to get some of my best turns ever in today, and that was partially thanks to this board, partially thanks to the epic powder year we are having here so far. I'm on my 157 w, gave it an extra 1/2 inch setback on top of the stock setback, i had the most effortless float. Did some huge gaps to pow, never caught a front edge- it always floated right on the top like it should. I was thinking about buying a separate pow board before, but i just dont know if its worth the investment right now considering how this bad boy is riding for me.

At one point i hiked the ridge, gapped 20 foot off a cornice into waist deep pow and had zero issues floating. Then I rode powder and powder bumps all day and just tore it up. So effortless and fun to ride, did i mention i like this board?

Yep the only people I ride with that can keep up in the pow are riding like 168's and stuff like that and the 157w is was easier and more forgiving in the trees and more 360\spin friendly which is about as freestyle as I have any interest in getting.