Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Advancing to truly Advanced
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
stimyg

Default Advancing to truly Advanced

I'm a pretty good free ride snowboarder. I'm usually comfortable on everything up through black diamonds (at least, the black diamonds on the east coast mountains I ride). But I'm still not comfortable on double blacks, nor going super fast anywhere... and I'd like to get more comfortable.

Problem is, I'm totally self taught, so I'm not really sure what I should be concentrating on. Like, back when I used to ski, if I was faced with a particularly gnarly steep section I'd think to myself, "choose your line, hard edge to edge, and go for it," or something to that effect, I really don't remember too well anymore.

But with snowboarding, since I taught myself, I've never been too sure what kinds of things I'm supposed to be thinking of... so when presented with something a bit beyond my skill level, I'm not sure what to visualize to help myself out.

Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions in general for getting comfortable at speed / on the super steeps?

Thanks!
stimyg is offline   Reply With Quote