Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - An attempt of Wolverine Bowl
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An attempt of Wolverine Bowl

I went to Wolverine Bowl last year and decided this morning it would be a fun mellow place to go since I was rolling solo. I tried a new approach since snow level are still low and this was a mistake.

Coming over the ridge I was in treat for a nice view

Looking into Stupid Chute the skin track went up so I was slightly concerned about it.

Once I was in the chute, went out of the skin track and wanted to go above the skin track to see if I could get anything to move. Well I did and about 9" of new snow just slipped out under my skis. This was great concern and I opted to turn around at this point. I probably would have been fine, but I wanted to play it safe since I was solo. No photos were taken inside the chute due to wanting to get out of the exposure as quick as possible.

I went over to another ridge and got some really good turns and disappointed I didn't lap the area all day.

The peak in the middle is Wolverine Bowl, the area I wanted to hit. Now I know not to ever go the way I went and will go the regular way when approaching from Brighton. The turns looked good, but there will be other days to get good turns in there.

I do know once we get a good size storm it is going to be scary out there.