Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - An attempt of Wolverine Bowl
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Cool man great pics wish I could have been there with ya but the backcountry class at Brighton was really helpful in connecting some of the dots from "Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain" I really need more beacon practice though and none of the beacon parks are open yet :-(

Another climber\backpacker friend of mine from Minnesota just showed up in park city last week for the winter and he has all his avy gear(but like me little clue on how to use it) also has a job at the canyons so he gets like 4 Brighton\snowbird lift tickets a month so hopefully we can use each others beacons to practice with. Right now I really want to focus on terrain management, safe travel and getting familiar with my beacon rather than snow science and all that. Am on call next weekend so I took Thursday off to hopefully ride the fresh snow were supposed to get Wednesday night.

We need alot more snow to ride most of the sidecountry around Brighton looks nasty our there a couple feet of faceted snow covering up rocks and stumps :-(

Hey you ever ride that route down to the golf course in Heber?