Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boarding with a Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
NYinfamous2k2

Thanks everyone for the tips, made it through the first boarding trip and still able to walk so thats a good sign. planned on taking it easy but when im ride Its really hard for me to dial it back and not go all out 24/7. slyder - I hear ya on the jumps I couldnt help myself a few times and hit some kickers on the runs landing flat totally sent a shock wave up my back. might have to cut that out for a while. EatRideSleep, thanks again for all the info, that Zyflamend works great. took it just like you recommended but I also took a few ibprofin with it, was achy from the minute I woke up so I figured id take some ib also. another thing I used was this sport tape called kinesio tape. its suppost to be really benificial so I bought a roll and tried it. seemed to work well. all I know is I went pretty hard this trip and I got worked on this hard left carve I was doing at almost top speed landing right on my back. I know if I wouldnt have done any of this prep for my back I would have been out of commision from the sheer force I landed on my back with. I thought for sure my back was going to lock up and I wouldnt be able to stand (which happend to me a few times in the past , was out for months)but stood up had full mobility and kept it moving. alittle sore today, but being carful and doing alot of icing. but like I said im still walking so thats all I need lol. thanks again.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote