Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

anyone's resorts open yet?

4K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  Otto Maddox 
#1 ·
i am jonesing pretty hard to ride and its still like 50*F during the days here in south central PA :dunno:

anyone in the midatlantic riding yet?

#2 ·
Not that I know of man.
Closest place I know of opening at least from where I am is Wisp out at Deep Creek in MD. They're supposed to be opened next Sunday with 10$ All Day lift passes. But with this kinda weather who the hell knows!:dunno:
I'm feeling it too though can't wait til my first day.

#13 ·
we're supposed to get around 1-3" or 2-4" depending on where you look tonight!!! hopefully it stays cold so they can start blowing snow at liberty. i don't ever remember it taking so long to open...either that or i really, really want to ride this year hahaha

#32 ·
Whats up guys, long time lurker who finally registered. Figured I would share some info in case it applies to anyone.

Blue Mountain will be honoring any season ticket pass holders from Bear, Liberty, Roundtop and WT. Check their FB and website for info.

Hopefully the weather doesn't kill the slopes before i go tomorrow...

#27 ·
I hit up Wisp for its anniversary 10$ lift ticket.
They had just 4 "trails" open. Definitely was getting there in terms of snow coverage. I felt as though they could have opened maybe 1 or 2 more, but thats not my choice to make.

The riding was pretty good in the morning but only having 2 runs that weren't on a flat slope meant things got boring after 20 runs.
They did have some features in the park, but didn't head over there, just wanted to get in some solid runs and mess around have some fun before it became pretty crowded, so I headed out.
Now I'm itching for some other places closer to me to open up.

#30 ·
Yeah once everybody showed up around 1230 it got so crowded on the runs that started to get real annoying dodging everybody.
Supposedly they have like 7 or more runs open but I really couldn't go that far this weekend. I'm planning on making a trip in January or February for a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.