Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #1405 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
*sniff sniff* Smells like *sniff* a blog.
Hahaha I don't have the time or energy to do what the LSAP people are doing. Actually, I don't even think it's an "organized" thing there is this site for MI, a similar one in New England that I read about ~5years ago called NELSAP (New England Lost Ski Areas Project) and a few others scattered across the country. That's hardcore dedication. Also, I think the people that run these sites tend to be old enough to have lived through the culling in the early 1970s as a result of changes in resort liability, so they actually skied at some of these places and have a personal, nostalgic attachment to preserving the record of those places.

Anyways, I have no desire to do what they're doing. But I'm glad they're doing it. But...

I'm googling some of those spots and if we ever get any snow I'm going hiking. There are a few that look like they have not been turned in to strip malls or subdivisions yet and it would be neat to try and ride one of them.

Fuck. I just wrote a blog.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 47

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2