Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #1413 (permalink)
turbospartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Yeah I have heard about some stuff like that, not sure about the Ford connection but that private sportsmen club kind of rings a bell with me. IDK if I would bother investing in a splitboard. Probably I would support some local business and get a pair of Marquette Backcountry skis. Dirt cheap at only $189, part snowshoe part ski, this is exactly what I would want for Michigan backcountry stuff.

Wow, thanks for the link. Very cool and I've never heard of those before... My family has a cabin at the top of the Upper Peninsula and we pass Marquette on the way up.

These guys need to build a new mold for a snowboard shape that can lock together like a split board does. Might not be the best based on their videos, as they seem to climb a little, then ski a little, then climb a little, and then ski a little, etc., but for people who have access to longer runs, they could climb to the top, clip the 2 "skis" together and then snowboard down.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote